Welcome to the new Ladywood Leisure Centre website!
“Run by the community for the community”
Ladywood Leisure Centre is a community managed facility in Penicuik. It is run as a social enterprise by the Penicuik Community Sport and Leisure Foundation. Our mission is to be a resource for the people in and around Penicuik, offering social, recreational, educational and training opportunities with a view to healthy living and responsible citizenship and supporting local business and enterprises.
What is Ladywood Leisure Centre?
- Ladywood is a community sport and leisure centre.
- It is governed by a voluntary board of directors.
- We offer sport, social clubs and activities.
- We are a registered charity.
- We have meeting space.
- We have 2.5 staff and around 20 volunteers which keep the centre operating.
- We offer children’s birthday parties.
- We hold special events including wrestling and dog shows.
Operating Principles and Values
* We are inclusive, we turn no-one away and endeavour to support those of our fellow citizens and organisations who request our help or whose needs can be identified.
* We aim to provide a friendly and helpful service to Penicuik people which is in tune with our mission statement: “Run by the community for the community”
* We pay our way. We strive to balance expenditure and earned income.